The cream Victorian bedroom furniture will be a truly captivating choice for you who always want to make sure that your bedroom is not only comfortable, but also simply attractive. By borrowing the classic Victorian design style and look, your chamber surely will benefit from the timeless appeal and charm, even in this modern day. Meanwhile, the cream color will help you set the right mood at the same time.
Finding Cream Victorian Bedroom Furniture
As expected from the neutral colored furniture set, the cream furniture offers you a vast flexibility when it comes to decorating. You can simply stick with the common color scheme found in the traditional Victorian bedroom interior design, such as wooden brown and pale green. The cream and gold Victorian bedroom furniture can also make a wonderful design statement in your chamber, embracing the classic and a touch of glam for a truly amazing bedroom space design.
On the other hand, you may consider opting for the bolder approach by incorporating the Victorian furniture in a more modern interior setting and embracing even the bright, eye-popping colors to accent. Whichever your choice is, always be sure to maintain the balance so you don’t end up creating a visual clutter. There are many ways you can do to embrace the modern Victorian look with cream bedroom furniture in your bedroom, such as pairing the Victorian furniture with modern pieces or re-painting the furniture in crisp white, sleek black or bold color—an antique lover will find this idea cringe-worthy, but it doesn’t mean this doesn’t worth a short, right?
Cream Victorian Style Bedroom Furniture for Sale
So, you’re finally on the market for cream Victorian furniture. Here are some important design characteristics you should know to help you find the right pieces. And regardless of what color you prefer, these tips will always be useful.
1. The legs of the furniture pieces are curved outward and typically round. There are some that are also elaborate turning or restrained cabriole.
2. For the chairs, the armrests are also curved outward.
3. There are different types of fabric used to complement the furniture design. The most common ones include hair cloth, plush, velvet, velour, tapestry, needlepoint, and braid.
4. The finishing for cream Victorian style bedroom furniture is either gilding or oil varnish. Gilding creates the “gold leaf” look while oil varnish helps emphasize the detail of grain of the wood.
5. Mind the hardware too. Most authentic Victorian style furniture pieces feature hardware that is made of wood or glass. Apart from those, translucent and transparent glass is also common, as well as a variety of wood species.
6. Speaking of the type of wood, typically the one used includes black walnut, oak, rosewood, maple, butternut, and ash.
Even though those tips are so simple, they will be proven useful when you are on the market for Victorian style furniture in general, including one for your bedroom. There are also some points where you should decide to buy the furniture that requires a renovation too, so be sure if you are willing to spend your money and time for it. Meanwhile, enjoy the inspiring cream Victorian bedroom furniture and interior designs below!